Monday, February 9, 2009

THE BEST TIME IS NOW

THE BEST TIME IS NOW

The best time is now. Now is the only time that we are promised. At the urging of a few close friends I decided to start this blog to share my thoughts and theories about health, nutrition, and exercise. Although it took me a little while to finally put up my first post, here it is!

I knew that if I waited for the perfect time I would never start a blog. That’s how most of us are. It may be starting an exercise program, stopping a bad habit, eating better, trying something new, asking the girl that is way out of your league out on a date, or facing our fears. We often find excuses not to do it. And one that I have heard from friends, patients and must admit I have personally used is “it’s just not a good time right now”. I’ve found that “just not a good time” usually turns into never gonna be a good time. No more excuses. No more waiting until tomorrow. Start now. Just over a month ago everyone was talking about how much they over ate during the holidays with big plans to lose it all starting New Years day. Chances are your New Year resolutions are already gone. Research shows that 80% of New Years resolutions are given up by January 31ist and only 5% are still intact at the end of the year. If you are doing well with your resolutions, I commend you. Keep up the good work. If you have fallen by the wayside and have given up on your resolutions, now is the time to set new goals and get on your way to achieving them.

Through this blog, it is my hope to share with you information that will help you along the way to improving your health.